NISSAN MICRA ENGINE PROBLEM

2001 Nissan Micra

2001 Nissan Micra 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 51000 miles

For a few days, my car (2001 nissan micra activ 1.0) has felt a bit underpowered. Yesterday as I was driving in second gear, as I got near the top of the revs, the car started kangaroo-ing. I changed to third and the same thing happened. After driving for a while the problem seemed to get better but it was still a bit spluttery. This morning, as we were driving, I went to change into third and the car kangarood again but also the battery light flashed briefly. A few second later the car kangarood then stalled with the battery oil and engine management light on. I tried to start it and it turned over but didn't start. I tried again and it started but felt like it was going to stall again. At first I thought it was the fuel filter but after this morning i'm not sure. Could it be a battery problem?
Jaylaw17

Ever changed the oi? Engine noisy? Timing belt tensioners can go this will cause timing chain to jump and timing will go wrong, leave this unfixed and it will wreck ur engine eventually, trust me im working on a micra with this problem just now! Ripped the teeth off of the timing chain gears so badly the chain was completely loose!

Topgadgy