WINDOW ELECTRICAL FAULT

Nissan Maxima

Nissan Maxima 1992 auto, 200,000km, right hand drive (we drive on the left side of the road in New Zealand).

I first noticed a buzzing sound from the right rear door that stopped if I used the power lock on the window on the drivers door to disable the other window switches.

Soon after the buzzing sound started the window wound down by itself and would not go back up. I managed to get it back up by replacing the right rear door switch. And then left the switch disconnected with the window wound up. A few days later the same problem occured with the front passenger window. Thinking the problem was most likely due to the drivers window control panel, I replaced the switch unit on the drivers door. Doing this changed the problem but has not fixed it. Now you can wind the window up using the front passenger door window switch but not the drivers switch. The front passenger window still randomly winds down without any help from me and the front passenger switch has also started to make a buzzing/clicking sound. I also notice that when winding the window up from the front passenger switch it goes up very slowly (going down is normal speed).

This appears to be some sort of electrical fault. The contacts on all of the switches seem to be good and I cannot find any obvious problem with the wires where they plug in to the switches.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
James
Jmck071