CAR LACKS POWER,WEIRD SOUND, IDLE IS ERATIC SOMETIMES

Nissan Maxima

I have a 1999 Nissan Maxima SE with 108,000 miles on it. The car takes off slow when I step on the gas, also makes a weird buzzing sound when you get going, everytime you hit the gas. It seems to come from the passengerside engine compartment only while driving. Also when stopped cars idle goes up and down sometimes, feel slike it want to move forward. What can these prblems be?
Tito99

Hmm. It sounds like the altenator could be going out. Has your battery died recently?

Start the car, pop the hood and listen to the engine. The alternator is located on the passenger side of most cars. Will be about the size of a kids head and has all sorts of twisted wires you can see inside. If it is making the sounds I will bet it is the alternator. These are easy to fix, but I would recommend taking it to a mechanic and getting an opinion first. They shouldn't charge you much. Maybe 20$ if that. And if you want to take off the alternator I would buy the Chilton book on it.

Or just come back to the forum and I am sure someone will help you with it. I just replaced mine last weekend, so if you want I could prolly help with it if you discover that is the problem.

JCroW