BLINKING CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND HESITATION, SHAKING...

Nissan Maxima

1999 Nissan Maxima, 112,000 miles, 6 cylinder. I have read many of the questions, however, I am not sure if mine is different. About three weeks ago, I went to have my oil changed, they told me that I have an oil leak at my O sensor. Went to my trusted auto shop, they replaced O sensor last week. This past Saturday 2-24-07, the car seemed to lose power upon acceleration, shook a little, then returned to normal. A few mintes later, the same thing. Always from a stopped position, always between 20 to 60 mph. The check engine light blinked about 5-6 times, then stayed on. Took it back to shop, they checked the code and said there was a misfire at plug # 1, so they switched it with plug # 5. Took the car for a drive, check engine light came on again, it threw some type of transmission code. I had the transmission serviced, they found no other transmission problems. I picked up my car Tuesday 2/27, and that same night more hesitating, stuttering, etc. The check engine light blinked 5-6 times then turned off again. It is now Thursday 3/1/07 and still hesitating and stuttering occasionally. Check engine light still off. Could this be related to fuel pump, O sensor, plugs. Not sure what to pay for next. Thanks in advance. : Also, another thought. Did not start the stuttering and shaking until after the O sensor was replaced. Coincidence?
Jennbell75

Just because they moved the plug doesnt meen the problem has been fixed. Has the car ever been tuned up?

Jack42
Yes, I had a tune up a little before 100K miles, about a year ago now. If the chck engine light does not stay on, can they still see if it retained a code?

Jennbell75
Don't understand this-misfire at no.1 switch it to no.5 I called this passing the buck. The problem will still exist. You sure they're not partschanger.

Tune-up year ago? A good thing to think! About. Oil leak at the sniffer ( Oxygen Sensor) it will burn up and turn into carbon and contaminate the sensor before it leaks out from there.

Did they use OEM O2 sensor. Lets get it rescanned for codes and comeback with it.