AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCK PROBLEMS

Nissan Maxima

Hi,
I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima base model, V6, with 150,000 miles. When someone shuts the passenger side front door, all other doors automatically lock except the front passengers side. It doesn't always happen, but most of the time that door is shut, it will lock all others. Sometimes when I push up the switch (on drivers side door control panel) to unlock the doors from the inside of the car, they all automatically lock right back. I can do it again to unlock and then they will usually stay inlocked. I can also double turn the key to unlock all doors (from the outside of the car) and sometimes they will all lock right back. Do you have any ideas what might be wrong?
Thank you
Ddc

I have a 98 Nissan Maxima SE. I am experiencing the same exact problem as you, except I have the problem whenever someone shuts the front driver side door. Also whenever I try to lock the locks, they lock for half a second and unlock bac. However, it only happens to me during the winter time (in cold temperatures). Every late fall, the problem comes back and stays until early spring. I don't know what the solution is either.

Nismomaxgtr18
Hi, thanks for the reply. I haven't fixed my problem yet. MY husband took the door panel off and unplugged and re-plugged everthing back in. It seemed to help for a few days, but it started back. I dread taking it to the dealer because I know it will cost a small fortune to get it fixed. Good luck to you.

Ddc