MY CAR WON'T START

2002 Nissan Maxima

2002 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 69567 miles

Hi I have a 2002 nissan maxima my car won't start it crank but won't start because the injector have no pulse I got power from the injector but no pulse I change the ecm got it reprogram by nissan it start and shut right off then don't start again so I disconect the throttle wire and plug it back it start and shut off after about 15 second every where I go no one seem to find my problem help please. I even change the cam sensor both of them samething no start change fuel pump no start check all the fuse no start I don't know what to check for next because the was running find park it came back don't wonna start help please
Evans jean

I need to know if the car is getting spark when you crank it. Also I need to know if you have a digital multi meter and if you are willing to buy noid lights if needed to check the injector pulse. Get back to me and we will go from there.

Racefan966
Yes I got good spark also yes I have a DVOM no I dont have a noid light but the guy at the shop test it with a noid light and all them injector have no pulse can the injecter be shorted or something

Evans jean
Ok the injector pulse is controled by the ECM which uses the CMP and Mass air Flow unit to determine the pulse and pulse width. So the CMP sensor is what I would like to check first. I need you to check the resistance of the sensor. If is it a hitachi type then it should read 1440-1760 ohms. If it is a mitsubishi type then it should read 2090-2550 ohms. Let me know what you find and we will go from there.

Racefan966
Hi first I would like to know whats a cmp sensor is or u mean cps camshaft position sensor, but today I took the crank sensor out and check the resistance it was reading 678 when resistance should be 0 or infiniti plus nissan have a recall on crank sensor

Evans jean
Yes that is what I was refering to Nissan was calling it CMP sorry for confusion. It should read O ohms anything else is no good (I'm not sure where the manual was coming up with two types as when I checked this morining it only gave one and also gave the proper info). That should be you problem and if it is a recall then it should be free from there dealer too. Let me know how it goes.

Racefan966