A/T TCC SOLENOID VALVE PO744

1998 Nissan Maxima

1998 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 75866 miles

this car has been my baby for the past 10 yrs, I just gave it to my son for his 17 b-day, a week later the car is shifting erratically(like its slipping)and there is a loss of acceleration, now the cel came on(PO744), I got a $400 est. Over the phone.I have always done all my own repairs from knock sensors to cats, etc. My manuals say the home mechanic should not attempt this repair(they give no info). What do you think and is the est. I got right. Appreciate your input thanks PAUL
Dsfunction69

Just got back from aamco they took a 5 minute test drive and tell me I need a new tranny, now I know there specialist but I get the feeling I'm being sucker'd. Still waiting for a little advice guys

Dsfunction69
Hello and thanks for donating

DTC P0744 : TCC Solenoid Valve

This code indicates a failure within the transmission's valve body assembly. It usually requires rebuilding or replacing the transmission. You can follow the diagnostic steps below first to ensure it is not just a simple hydraulic line or something that has failed.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2416.jpg