UPPER OIL PAN, TIMING CHAIN COVER.......

1997 Nissan Maxima

1997 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170000 miles

HELLO.
I HAVE A 97 NISSAN MAXIMA SE. LEAKING LIKE CRAZY EVERYWHERE. IM WORKING ON IT RIGHT NOW. BUT IM START GETTING FRUSTRATED! DO I NEED TO TAKE THE ENGINE OUT. TO REMOVE DE TIMING CHAIN COVER AND TAKE THE UPPER OIL PAN DOWN. AND RESEAL IT? : ( IF I DO. PLEASE COULD YOU GIVE ME THE STEPS. ABOUT HOW TO DO IT. AND IF I DONT NEED TO TAKE THE ENGINE OUT. HOW SHOULD I DO IT?
NOTE: I ALREADY TOOK THE CROOS MEMBER, AXLE, EXHAUST OUT. SO PRETTY MUCH IM IN THERE WORKING HARD. PLEASE IMAGES WILL BE HELPFUL A LOT.
I DO HAVE ALL THE TOOLS. PLEASE I NEED STEP BY STEP.
RODRODRIGUEZ

FRONT COVER OIL SEAL Removal Remove engine lower cover. Remove right front wheel and side cover. Remove accessory drive belts. Remove crankshaft pulley. Pry oil seal out of front cover. Installation Apply engine oil to NEW seal. Drive seal into oil pump housing. To complete installation, reverse removal procedure. Tighten bolts to specification. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS.

Merlin2021
WAIT. YOU ARE GOING TO FAST.I NEED SOMETHING CLEAR STEP BY STEP. THE WAY YOUR ARE TELLING ME LOOKS TO EASY BUT IS NOT. READ MY QUESTION! DO I NEED TO TAKE THE ENGINE OFF OR NOT? THEN I NEED STEP BY STEP. IM NOT A PROFESSIONAL. IS ANY HIDE SCREWS?

RODRODRIGUEZ
If you mean the seal around the crankshaft? This is the method, and no the engine does not need to be removed, but you need to rent the puller to remove the crankshaft pulley(harmonic balancer). And the tool to install the new seal. Autozone rents tools, and refunds ALL deposits when the tool is returned. Free!

Merlin2021