SPEEDOMETER, ODOMETER, AND RADIO WORK IN

1996 Nissan Maxima

1996 Nissan Maxima 6 cyl Manual 115000 miles

I have had my Maxima for 4 1/2 years now after purchasing it from its one previous owner. About three years ago the speedometer and odometer stopped consistently working. Sometimes it would come on and other times it wouldn't; they always malfunction together.
I have the same problem with my radio. Sometimes it comes on and sometimes it doesn'. It's very random. Sometimes it's just the radio that doesn't work and other times it's the spd/od. I've been trying to figure it out observationally and there seems to be no pattern whatsoever that would lead me to a cause.
I took it to two different places and they both " fixed" the spd/od (i don't have the records to know how) but after 3-6 months it would stop working again. The last time it was " fixed" was over a year a go. I've never had the radio checked out.
What's the problem. What can I do and how much is it going to cost me on average?

Thanks so much.
Mike Oliver
Michaeloliver59