EGR CIRCUIT

2004 Nissan Frontier

Computer problem
2004 Nissan Frontier 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

is this one problem or two problems I took a hand held vacum device connenct to my egr valve acording to the haynes manual and tryed to apply 10 inches of vacum the diapram did move up it seemed like the vacum leaked out, but when I lift up on the diapram manualy the engine does sort of stall. Next question my check engine light is on my code is telling me I have to much flow in egr circuit I cheked my egr selnoid it tested good with batery voltage. I have b+ voltage when ingtion is on, I have a good vacum going in to it from manifold, there is no vacum cooming out of it when engine is running, is the egr valve telling the controlbox not to send a ellectrical singal to the seloniod or is there a pressure sensor in the egr circuit.I dont no where it is. Thanks
Bigbob51