ROCKING / VIBRATING STEERING WHEEL WHEN

2007 Nissan Armada

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2007 Nissan Armada V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 145000 miles

I bought a used 07 ARMADA with 145k miles. It needed new struts / shocks needed new roters. Hub and bearing on the front right wheel, and brake pads. The used auto dealership said they could fix it for less ( was quoted about 3k), and they charged me 800. The tires are crap as well (which I didn't pay any attention to at the time). It seemed to drive ok home at a low speed, but when I got on the highway and hit bunb the thing started shaking back and forth pretty bad, and then when I went to slow down the steering wheel started to shake pretty bad. I call back and advised what is going on and they told me its becuase of the tires, and they need to be replaced (I only have had the thing for 3 weeks). So my questions is is this only the tires, or did they say they did something and not do it. What would cause the steering wheel to shake like that, and is it shaking back and forth (it scared my wife it was that bad) because the shocks and struts have to be broke in? I know nothing about things like this, I can do small stuff likethe fluids, but nothing to this level. I want to make sure I don't get taking to the cleaners, more then what I already have.
For what its worth, before I had them repair the shocks and struts, the tires had an up and down feel to them.
Ddare132