ENGINE SPUTTERS WHEN ACCELERATING

2004 Nissan Armada

2004 Nissan Armada V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 88000 miles

Recently my vehicle has started to sputter while accelerating. I've got the 5.6 v8 with a nismo cold air intake. While I accelerate the enigine revs up to about 3000rpm and shakes because it won't go any higher. It makes a vuuu vuuuu vuuu noise and speed slows down. It has even died on me twice, with backfire noises. The service engine soon light has come on once with a p0102 code. That code relates to the MAF sensor, But the light went right off. I have noticed that if I have a full tank it doesn't do it. When I have less than a quarter tank it is at it's worst. I just moved out of state and I'm affraid to take it somewhere. I just had the oil changed. I don't know if I should spend the couple hundred for a new MAF sensor or if it is something more serious and take it in for a major repair. Please help
Rdub333