ALTIMA97 - STRUT

1997 Nissan Altima

Lately, I bought a used car, Nissan Altima 97 (92k mi.). I was told from the mechanic that the left/front strut has a leak and it needed changing. Now I can't afford it so, I asked him when it's a good time to replace it. He answerd, it's up to me, and I also asked him what if I don't change it? He said it wouldn't cause any problem, because the mileage is not too much.

So what I want to ask is, if I don't change the strut for the next several years, will it cause any problem to the other mechanical parts of my car?
Now I can't feel any problem when I drive it.

Thank you.
Scivet

The only thing a leaking strut can cause is if it's weak it can make the tires wear unevenly ie, cupping. The other problem is that certain states have state inspections and I know here in the state of virginia, a leaking strut or shock will not pass inspection. I would look into this if your state has inspections.

Bootdog