93 TRANSMISSION & TACHOMETER ISSSUE

1993 Nissan Altima

My beater is a 1993 Nissan Altima with a automatic transmission (also own a 92 300Zx). Last Friday I noticed at cold start up the car would start out in Drive instead of 1st gear.
After warming up, well I went across town about 4 miles, at each read light the car started off in Drive.

Stopped for gas and when I cranked the car, it started off in first gear. Next day, it started off in first gear as normal and has only started off in Drive.
The problem has only happened 3 times and goes away after warm up. What is the problem?
I'm thinking maybe a relay is going out or a solenoid, where is the relay & solenoid located? What else could cause this problem?

Also, my tachometer does not work, but at warm up my speedometer fluctuates like the tach does, revs up an down, problem goes away after warm up too.
Where are the tach connections under the hood and what could cause this?
Thank you.

William
Micron66