AIR HEATING PROBLEMS.

2002 Nissan Altima

Heater problem
2002 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Altima-2002. After starting the car and when engine idle - there is no hot air, even the engine is hot. Hot air starts after driving for awhile and not consistent. I replaced thermostat, check the antifreeze level and bleed the air- lifted the front end of the car, open radiator cap and run engine for approximately ½ hour. Do you think it is a good idea to replace the water valve as well (I found on one of the forums that this solved heating problems)? Any suggestions on the complexity of this work to do it yourself, I mean is it similar to replacing the thermostat, do I need to replace the gasket as well?
PS Had problems with this car: the car was starting badly and misfiring - had to replace the crank shaft sensor, and mistakenly replaced the camshaft sensor instead_ they look identical, so did it twice. Thanks- Mark
Mmarmand