INTERMITED A/C PROBLEM

2001 Nissan Altima

Air Conditioning problem
2001 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 60789 miles

my a/c will come on sometime will not, the air is getting cold when its on and go up to cycle stage when it reach the correct temp. Work fine, sometime when you turn off the car and sit for 30 min to 1 hour when you start back up and drive and turn on the a/c sometime it will not come on and I see the clutch engage for spit a second it trying to engage but it doesnt continue, I already replace the triple switch on the top of the dryer w/ 4 wires connector still the same make no defference and when I ground the red wire from the sensor it work but a/c always on even you off the a/c sw. What could be the problem? Can you give me the complete wiring diagram for air conditioning with the correct color coding and the location of ECM and the thermo control amp. Where they hide it. Thank" s fixsky
Fixsky

Fixsky, from your description, it sounds like you're low on freon and it's short cycling.
If you have, or have access to a fax # I will fax you some diagrams. I can down load them to this site, but they don't come through very clearly. Please advise.

James W.
Yes you can fax it to 954 747 4944
about the low on freon I think I put the right amount when I replace the triple sw located on the dryer. I check the info on the hood it say 24 oz, could it be the thermo control amp. I try to ground the red wire fron the sensor it a/c work but it did not cycle up it keep on running and it try to froze up.
Thanks fixky

Fixsky
Fax is on the way

James W.
I check my fax machine for the wiring diagram nothing there my be you dial the wrong number, can you fax it again if you got a chance my number is 954-747-4944 thank's. Fixsky

Fixsky
I just faxed it again to 1-954-747-4944. I didn't get an error report, so it must be going somewhere. Let me know

James W.
Thank's I got it but they came out very small print and some part are not clear its hard to read the prints

Fixsky
That happens, and they are worse if I try to add them to a post. I'll see if I can blow them up some. I'll get back to you.

James W.
Hi james
I was reading all question and anwser in the forum regarading my a/c probem, I find out that on sept. 25, 2008 ( dsdhornet) his code name, ask the same question as my problem! I was thinking counld it be the temp sensor on evaporator or the temp control amp causing this problem, I already replace the triple sw but it don't make defference
pls advise thank's fixsky

Fixsky
It could be any one of the sensors or controls on your system. Do you have access to the test specs?

James W.
Hi james
yeah, this could be one of the sensor but I don't have specs. For testing this thermo cntrl amp? And i'm a bit lost of this system coz when they call it thermo cntrl amp. This must be a module with printed broard, chips resistor ect. In the small box connected to the harness, and when I check it, its only three wire harness that go in to the a/c evap housing I don't know what on the end of this three wire . Like older nissan I see a small box stick on the side of the evap case call it thermo cntrl amp, and also this nissan altima was made MAY. 2001 may be we barcking the wrong and get the wrong info. Pls help thanks fixsky

Fixsky
Page 1 of 2