FRONT PASSENGER WINDOW BROKEN!

2000 Nissan Altima

2000 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 120000 miles

My 2000 Nissan Altima front passenger power window stopped working. Here is some background.

1) First the switch on the FRONT PASSENGER door would NOT raise the window. BUT. We could still raise or lower it using the main switch on the drivers door.

2) Now the right front passenger window is stuck in the down position because neither switch (passenger door switch AND main switch on drivers door) will raise OR lower the window.

3) All other windows work fine.

Before I start spending money on parts that don't need to be replaced, I would like to know if anyone has an idea whether this is a switch problem. OR.A connector problem (there are two connectors in the passenger door). OR. The window motor is dead?

Keep in mind that it seemed like a switch or connector problem at first since we could only raise the window using the switch on the drivers door.

Meanwhile, until I repair this, does anyone know how I can at least get the window raised so we're aren't driving around like dorks with duct tape and visqueen on the window?

I am handy and have changed power window motors twice before but I'm not a mechanic, so please keep that in mind. =; ^P

Thank you very much!
Magentawave

There is a seller on Ebay offers 98 - 01 Nissan Altima, Frontier, sentra, Xterra power window switch repair service for a pretty reasonable price. My brother got his repaired and it works like new since. Its worth trying rather than spending nearly $ 100 for a new switch.

Spender62