ENGINE RATTLE SUSPECT TIMING CHAIN GUIDE

2000 Nissan Altima

Noises problem
2000 Nissan Altima 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 102300 miles

I have a dull roar coming from the engine, I can't pinpoint it but saw on consumer reports about lower timing chain guides are a common issue with the Altima. They also mention a broken BTV valve bracket. What is a BTV valve and where do I find it. T-chain guide is probably a big job and I may not tangle with it. Like to work on 'em but know my limitations. Any help about the location of BTV valve and what I can expect if I try to fix the t-chain guide would be helpful. Thanks. Kevin.
2000altima

Remove the valve cover and look for the broken bracket. I dont know for sure but I remember having one of these altimas with a 4 cyl making noise like it was a timing chain and I removed valve cover and found something broken or loose and I removed it and that fixed it. I know it doesnt sound too professional but I just cant remember exactly what it was but I remember it was a easy fix after removing valve cover. Hope this helps

Mastertechtim