ARE THE HOSES CORRECT

1987 Nissan 200SX

Heater problem
1987 Nissan 200SX 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 280000 miles

Dear Sir/Madame,

I had to change my starter out on this car and while doing so I had to disconnect the heater hoses to get to he starter bolt. I did not pay very good attention to where the hoses went. They are marked on the hoses as IN and OUT. My problem is I do not know if the top plug is the in or the bottom is the in. Which hose goes where. I hope I explain this well enough for you to help me. I don't know what will happen if I connect the hose the wrong way. At the fire wall the heater core outlets I will call them are on top of each other in a vertical position on on top of the other. Do the hose marked IN goes to the top or the bottom.
LALABOY5418

Hi LALABOY5418,

Thank you for the donation.

The upper plug with the water valve is the inlet.

If the hoses are wrongly fitted, it could affect the A/C cooling efficiency.

How sure are you that the upper plug thingy is the inlet. And I did not see a water valve. Remember this is a 1987 NIssan 200 sx.

Can you respond ASAP

Lalaboy 5418

LALABOY5418
The coolant has to travel from top to bottom in the heater core for efficient heating so the uper hose is the correct one for inlet.