2005 Mitsubishi Outlander

Noises problem
2005 Mitsubishi Outlander 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive 65k miles

Hello, I have a deep wobbling, grinding sound comming from under my hood. I cant tell if it is comming out of the engine or not. The noise stops when I push in the clutch. It is not as bad when I am idle but in first and second gear it gets real bad. It sounds like it goes in a circle. I popped my hood when the car was on and the sound gets worse when the a/c and fans kick on. I could not tell where it was actually comming from. Any ideas?

Usually when you push in the clutch and the noise goes away it point towards a bearing/clutch issue within the trans, but if yours gets worse when the A/C engages you may have bigger problems. If the noise increses with more load on the crankshaft (A/C on) then you may be looking at a bearing/end play problem in the engine. The mileage looks low to have such a problem, but it isnt unheard of on vehicles with manual transmissions.