SMOKE UNDER HOOD...

Mitsubishi Other

After about 20min of driving and putting the car into park... i can smell something like rubber burning smell coming under the hood... a few times ive seen white smoke coming under the Valve Cover..... i noticed this was happening about 4 months ago.... just 2 days ago there was alot of smoke coming out.. even when hood was closed... i havent seen it since... i noticed this was happening ever since i got my valve cover, timing belt and water pump changed.... that was about 4 months ago....

heres a pic hope it helps a little...

http://ca.geocities.com/p_b@rogers.com/4-1.jpg

my car is a 99 mitsubishi eclipse n/t
Bird

From the picture it looks like the seal job was done in poor effort. Best way is to take off the valve and see if anything like the seal started melting or falling in the engine. Did it get the gasket installation when parts were being replaced? Was the right seal adhesive been used(having a resist of high temperature)? Thats all I can give. Ask a local shop for more tips

Nightroad
I to have been having this problem.I bought my car from carmax and about a week later after about 30 min driving from my work I notice a burning rubber smell when I get out.I look under hood and I see white smoke coming from underneath the engine.I have no idea what this could be.I replaced my head gasket a couple of weeks ago but the white smoke still comes when I park. The engine does not overheat but it bothers the hell outta me. Plz help

Lamby22
Which car do you own?

Bird
99 black eclipse

Lamby22
Check to make shure the right sealant was used. Repace intake and exhaust gaskets.

Antoniotgsx
I have cold air intake. That wouldn't have caused the smoke I dont think

Lamby22
I hope not I have an aem short ram instake.

Bird
I talked to carmax today and they said its the main head gasket and the valve cover gasket. Thats whats causing it

Lamby22
If the main head gasket isnt changed can it cause problems with other parts in the future?

Bird
Yea. It can cuase water in the oil and the part cost 250 plus labor. Really sucks

Lamby22
Page 1 of 2