MASTER CYLINDER

Mitsubishi Other

I have a 91 mitsubishi eclipse 2.0 turbo that has a bad master cylinder, first of all where is that located, second my friend has a 91 plymouth laser 2.0 non turbo that doesnt run, could I swap that master cylinders?
Mrthet

The Master cylinder is under the hood right in front of the steering wheel on the firewall. It is the thing you put brake fluid in. And I am not real sure as to the lazer master cylinder working on your car. I would take your Master cylinder off and take it to see if thay look the same.

JAVA motorsports
Ok he says it was pretty new, so I would assume it works, but I took off the hoses and when I tried to take off the 2 brake lines, the wrench I had fit perfect, but it would just start to strip it out, am I taking off the bolts wrong?

Mrthet
No it is not anything you are doing wrong. You need a line wrench, it looks like a boxed in with a notch cut out so you can get the wrench over the line. If that don't work then you can use a pair of vise grips. But only use the vise grips if you have to because it can cause some pretty bad damage.

JAVA motorsports