ITS HOT OUT THERE AND MY A/C DOESNT WORK

Mitsubishi Other

I have a 1997 mitsubishi mirage 1.5L with 99xxx miles. The car had been sitting in the garage for about a year now but before the rest, the a/c system was working fine and now a year later it doesnt work properly. I bought a recharge kit with the gauge. Start the engine with the lowest temperature setting and highest fan speed. Hooked it up and it show a low refrig. Reading. So I went ahead and put 20oz. Of refrig. Into it. The clutch doesnt seem to engage so I jumped the clutch wire and it suddenly engages but it doesnt blow cold air. I then remove the jumped wire and connected the wire back to its place. Gave the low pressure cut out switch a few bangs it seems to work fine now I guess but still doesnt blow cold air and plus with 20 oz of refrig. The clutch doesnt cycle. When the clutch is engaged, their is a 45 psi reading and changes to 75 psi when the clutch is disengage. When I press the a/c button. The clutch engages and it sounds like there is a air leak on the kick panel of the passenger side where the blower motor is at. Any thing would greatly help. Doesnt really want to take it to the shop right now because I know the parts and labor for a/c system is very expensive.
Whtmirageevo4

Sounds like your talking about the evap core

CHEVYII
Thanks ill take a look at that

Whtmirageevo4
No problem.

CHEVYII
That thing is kinda like gold. Sure isnt cheap but I gotta do what I gotta do to feel good.

Whtmirageevo4
When replacing the evap core. should i also replace the expansion valve. are the fittings on the picture correct?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/63468_ac_1.jpg

Whtmirageevo4