ENGINE LIFTER

Mitsubishi Other

I have a 99 Mit Eclipse Spyder with a 2.4L SOHC 4G64 Engine. The engine has 133,000 miles on it.

Recently, I was driving and while accelerating, the engine chokes on me and then I heard loud ticking noise from the engine. I took it to a few shops to look at it, and they all think that it is the lifter problem.

They all recommend me to get a used engine and replace the whole engine. Is there an other way to correct the problem? Can I simply replace the lifters?

Thanks.

Aaron
Aaronhui

Did they say it was the lifters or think it was? Lifters can be replaiced, but it is time consumming. Get estimates on repairing the lifters from a couple of garages and get estimates on how much a used engine would cost with instalation.

M_H_RITZEL
They said it was the lifter. Could it be something worse than that? I have also gotten some quotes for replacing the engine, it will probably costs about $2000. But I just can't find an engine right now to get it fix? Hard to find 4G64 engines. What would be your recommendation?

Aaronhui
Just looked around a little found that c jee. Com/mitsubishi. Htm and e bay motors have some, on e bay they range from 500 to 1500
if you can't get through just type in
used mitsubshi 2.4 sohc 4g64 engine on you browser

M_H_RITZEL
Does the Galant 2.4L SOHC 4G64 engine fits the eclipse?

Aaronhui
I believe it is the same engine, there might have to some minor changes but should work, but not possitive. Did you check out the other inf I sent to you

M_H_RITZEL
I have checked the other info, but I only found 00-02 2.4L SOHC engines for eclipse, which I know for sure is a different engine. I also need one that fits the manual transmission, and I found a few that are for automatic.

Can you send me the direct links to the different source you have found the engine?

Aaronhui
I looked at cjee. Com/mitsubishi. Htm and the other was just e-bay motors.

M_H_RITZEL