CAR WON'T CRANK

Mitsubishi Other

1995 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE- 2.0 NON-TURBO 100,000 miles plus

The car has been sitting for about a year and a half. I charged the battery and tried to start it. The starter would crank but the engine turned very slowly. I was getting no spark to the plugs. I ended up burning out the starter so I replaced it. I recharged the battery and tried to start the car again and now the starter doesn't crank at all. I've checked all the fuses and fusible links. I have a good connection at both the battery and the starter. I checked the continuity between the battery cables and the starter and they check good. Someone told me the engine may be partially seized and to squirt a little oil into each cylinder to free it up. I've never heard of that. I don't know what my next move is. Please help. Thanks alot!
RUSS123

Do you hear any noise when starting the engine? If not then your starter is not getting power for some reason. If you can hear a click and feel the engine jump a little when you are hittiing the switch then you have a locked up motor.

JAVA motorsports