MITSUBISHI LANCER CLICK PROBLEM

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer

2005 Mitsubishi Lancer

My Car Radiator fan running continuesly, When I insert the key and on possition also it is running while engine running time. Even Engine is cool it is running. It is not on or off automaticaly.
Sheiknaji

How many Kms/Miles have you got on the clock?
I think you might have a stuck fan relay, pull the relay out of the fuse box in the engine compartment and see if it clicks when you put it in? If not replace the relay but if it does click, then you might be looking at a thermoswitch.

Technopro
Thank you for your answer.130,000 Kms I got on the clock. I want to know when I have to pull the relay and put it in whether engine on or off time

Sheiknaji
You can leave the ignition ON position and I suppose as per your issue, the fan will be ON as well. Then pull the relay out slowly and see if it clicks. You can try putting it in again slowly and feel the click. If there is no click and the FAN stops when you pull it out, then you know the relay is faulty and has stayed in an ON position. But if it clicks and the FAN stops when you pull it out, then you know the relay is working but there is a current coming from the thermofan switch continuously. In this case I would replace that switch. Good luck and keep us updated on your findings.

Technopro
Thank you for your valuable reply. I checked the relay I am getting click sound. Now I am suspicious that thermofan switch. Please help me where is located the switch and how can check this is working properly or not. Can you give me the picture of the switch and how can change. Please note that temprature meter also showing middle from cool and hot after 1 minutes and stay it is not get down until switch of the engine is it normal

Sheiknaji
Hi,
The switch is located at the bottom part of the radiator. While the fan is ON, try to remove the switch wires and if the fan stops, just go ahead and replace the switch. Make sure when you buy another switch, its the same one with the same degrees index.
Cheers

Technopro
Hi

I could not change the thermo switch. Now the radiator get damaged, and engine gage meter gone to hot position and car moving very slow and stop. What cause the of the problem why the coolent water come from radiator top and bottom it is related to the thermo switch.

Sheiknaji
Hi,
the thermo switch is like a thermometer, it measures the heat from the water and when it reaches 80-90 degrees, it establishes the contact for the fan to come ON and cool the water which goes back to the engine to cool it down.
What happen to your radiator? Why is it damaged? Is there any chance of loadind some pictures of the damage?

Technopro
Sorry I can't take the picture. Coolent comming top and bottom of the radiator the steel plate broken I don't know why it is happend the hose before very tight due to presure. Now I changed the new radiator. Now meter showing between midle and cool level. I checked with workshop regarding the fan they told it is not fault mitsubishi lancer fan always running, Is it correct. Please can you put some picture of thermo switch of lancer 2005

Sheiknaji
Hi

I remove the switch wires while fan is on but the fan not stopped still it is running so I am not sure whether the thermo switch is fault or not. And now a days some times fan is not running while engine is running then the meter gage reaching 75% of level and I am afraid and on the ac then it is start to run immediately.

Sheiknaji
Hi,
I think if you've checked with the workshop and they've concluded that it is ok then it means that it's ok to drive the car. Remember, I can't see and do the tests but they've been able to see and check the car for this matter, logically they are in a better position to help you out.
If you still have issues let us know.
Cheers.

Technopro