MITSUBISHI LANCER HEATER PROBLEM

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Heater problem
2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Automatic

I recently bought a 03 lancer and started noticing problems with the heater. I took it back asap to the dealership. They flushed the heating core and said they checked the thermostat but nothing seemed to be wrong. What else could be wrong? And is it okay to flush the heating core again?
Caitypie88

Can you describe your problem, this may help us find the problem.

Mhpautos
The heat never comes on. I have left it on for hours while driving and it never gets hot or even luke warm.

Caitypie88
Hi there,

We need to prove sufficient circulation through the heater core, with the engine hot and the heater on both heater hoses should be hot to touch, if one is cool or only just warm you still have a circulation problem, check this next.

Mhpautos
I checked that. The engine is hot and one hose is cold and the other is hot. I had someone look at it and they said it was the heater core- that I need a new one. Do you know where I can find a heater core for my car? I have went to every website and no one has a heater core for sale.

Caitypie88
As I live in Australia I can't help you with this, but if you contact your local radiator repairer, they will be able to get one for you.

Mhpautos
Hey I might be able to help! I have the same car and my heater was acting up a bit but it was with the dials on the dash. When I looked up underneath the dash and took out the dash I found that a plastic piece was broken that turns all the other little wheels to push the lever that makes the air hot and cold. Try looking under your dash, in the direction of the a/c and heat control. You should see a thin metal rod. It should look like a silver hangar rod. Follow the rod to a white plastic box lookin thing and try to move the part that the wire is connected to. It should look like little gears, or a pear shaped gear. It may take some umf to move it but this way you'll know it's nothing mechanical from the box up. Just watch your fingers and make sure you don't pinch them in the little gears. I hope this helps! Good luck!

Texmed06