WATER PUMP & OVERHEATING

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 90,500 miles

I have been told that my water pump is leaking. My car overheated a week ago and we checked for anti-freeze, changed the thermostat and replaced the lower radiator hose. We cannot see any leaks but have been told the water pump is bad. How expensive is it to replace the water pump? Does the timing belt have to be replaced? Does the radiator need to be flushed? Are there any other parts that may need to be replace when replacing the water pump? I replaced the timing belt 1 year ago but the mechanic did not tell me to replace the water pump
BHT

Because there is a lotta work to access both the timing belt and the water pump(they are in the same spot) it is usually recommended to do both at the same time, that way you dont fix the waterpump and two days later you need a timing belt, it saves a lot of money and it keeps both parts on track with each other. A water pump for that car is gonna be around three hundred plus, depending on who you go to, I will tell you one thing, do not ask the dealer to do this if there is no warranty, because their labor and parts charges are much more than the average shop. I never recommend this.

Legitimate007