LEAKING

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Interior problem
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 98,000 miles

My 2003 Eclipse convertible has puddles on the driver's side front and back only. It hasn't rained and I haven't washed the car in over a week. I noticed them this morning when I went to put something in the back seat. It's possible that the water has been there all along as I have mats down and probably didn't notice the water.
What could be causing this water? I had the top checked and it's okay, no leaks. Trough for drainage on each side in the rear quarter panels is clear and not blocked in any way. Had that checked also. There is a small square hole just in front of the driver's seat on the floor that looks like it was cut for something the previous owner may have had in the car. I'm not sure if that is the problem or not because there is water all over the floor. Any suggestions?
Laney47