MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE ENGINE PROBLEM

2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Engine Cooling problem
2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 108000 miles

I bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse and about a week or two after I got it, the temperature gauge would start to climb whenever I was stopped and would go back down once I got going at a decent speed. I've already replaced the thermostat and a faulty radiator cap, flushed the engine and changed the oil. The engine fans wont turn on until the gauge reaches a little over three quarters of the way to the hot marker, I don't know what else could be causing my engine to start to overheat like that
JB8899

Hi JB8899,

Was system bled of air?
Have you checked the fan controller (attached to cooling fan shroud)

FAN CONTROLLER

1. Remove the condenser fan motor connector. See Fig. 3 .
2. Start the engine and run it at idle.

CAUTION:Stay clear of the fan when starts running.

3. Turn the A/C switch to the ON position.

4. Measure the voltage between the fan controller (side connector) terminals while the fan is running. The voltage should repeat values 0V, 5.6-10.8V, and battery voltage.

5. If the voltage does not repeatedly change as indicated, replace the radiator fan motor and fan
controller assembly.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/192750_FAnController03EclipseFig03_1.jpg