TIMING

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 97,000 miles

I recently preformed a small rebuild on my 99 Eclipse 2.0 non turbo. Replaced th Piston Rings and rod bearings. I did not do a valve job. I also replaced the timing belt. Upon replacing the T-Belt, I aligned the timing marks as indicated in the repair book. I did this on both the crankshaft and crankshaft. Dual crank. I replaced the belt and raised piston 1. After all done, I cranked the car. It fired right up without any hesitation, but the motor shakes alot. The idleing seems to of course off with the shaking as well. I have not driven it since it was shaking like that. My question is : is this shaking due to the timing not being right? There is no backfiring at all. There are all new wires and plugs as well. I am thinking this is a timing issue, but before I have it towed in nd set I wanted to make sure I knew what was going on.
Scottgplumb