CV BOOT / INNER DRIVE SHAFT JOINT

1998 Mitsubishi Carisma

1998 Mitsubishi Carisma Manual 110000 miles

I had to have a CV boot replaced on my 1998 Mitsubishi Carisma after taking it in for an MOT yesterday. After taking it apart they rang me to say the inner drive shaft joint was missing, and they were very puzzled as to why. They said they would try to find a second hand part as they didn't exist new. They put it back together for the time being as it was without the part and passed it giving me an MOT certificate. I drove it home and above 2000 revs it was terrible to drive and felt dangerous, so I took it back. I asked why it had driven ok before the work was done without the inner drive shaft joint, so why not now? They said it was because it had been disturbed. Myself and others I have spoken to are very sceptical of this. Would the car have driven fine without it in the first place? To my knowledge the CV boot has not been replaced before.
It's due back in to the garage on Tuesday as a part ( £45 second hand) has been located and will be delivered by then, so any advice before Tuesday is warmly welcomed.
Becky
B3xt3r

Hi, your car would never have driven if the inner joint was missing, find a decent garage, this one isnt.

Nigel horner