SQUEALING NOISE IN AREA OF TRANSAXLE

1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT

Noises problem
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Manual 250000 miles

During the past few weeks I've noticed a squealing sound eminating from the transaxle area when the car is first started. As the car warms up the noise disappears. I noticed a leak coming from the area where the transaxle mates to the engine. I checked the fluid level and found it to be low and serviced it back to the level the service manual calls out. The noise didn't go away as a result of servicing. I also determined the noise would disappear when the clutch was depressed but would return when released. There are no vibrations while driving and shifting between gears is smooth with the exception of a slight squeal when the clutch is released. Clutch pedal travel hasn't changed. I tend to believe that the problem is associated with the clutch pilot bearing but I'm not certain.
Caponickg