MISFIRE

1998 Chevrolet Lumina • 66,000 miles

Consistent misfire on cylinders five and six.I Checked for spark and even rotated plugs and still get cylinders 5 and 6 misfire. Switched injectors and the same thing comes up."Coil packs" for both sets were checked and even switched wires to make sure that wasn't the problem. The plugs for cylinders five and six look dry.
Ichibanshark

Have you tested the injector pulse on those cylinders?

You rotated injectors? From a good cylinder?

Have you determined if the spark is missing or not?

Wrenchtech
Yes, I am getting the lights to light up in conjunction with firing. Yes the other cylinders are working fine so I assume those injectors are fine. The code came up misfire cylinder five and cylinder six. Yes we pulled the lines off of the packs at night.

Ichibanshark
Sorry it took so long to get back. The problem is either a wiped or broken camshaft. Have to remove it to know but the rockers on five and six didn't move ANY when the engine was spun over. Thanks for this website. It is a helpful resource for many people.

Ichibanshark