CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2010 Mini Cooper S

2010 Mini Cooper S 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 600 miles

It finally warmed up from sub zero temps. My mini started and was missing with no power. I drove a half mile or so then restarted the check engine light continued to be lit but it now had power. The light went out after a day. Could it be from a frozen air intake hose? As part of my check process I retightened the fuel cap but I'm certain I had it properly tightened it the 1st time. Mini says they have had problems with the intake hoses and will replace it with an upgrade if I go to Omaha 225 miles away. Am I being over cautious by taking it in? I only am on my second tank of gas.
Mrmuskrat122

Hey ther MrMuskrat122,

I had the exact same issue on my brand new '10 MCS at 650 kilometers. I limped into the dealer where they changed the intake after explaining that the design changes prior to the '09 model year. Runs fine now in our cold Montreal climate but it begs the question. 'What's my '10 doing with a pre '09 intake?' Dealer had no answers.
Glenn

Glenn01