ENGINE SWITCHING OFF AFTER FEW SECONDS

2008 Mini Cooper S

2008 Mini Cooper S 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 6500 miles

I am looking for a free service manual for a mini cooper s 2008 (R56). I am not the orginal owner. The car came without any service or owners manual. I managed to get a copy of the owners manual. However I have searched high and low for one since the car was bought with a problem. I have no time to download the huge BMW TIS disk or order and wait for manuals through online book shops. I am urgently seeking a factory manual for the R56 model. The problem with the car is that it does not start. If the return fuel hose is not connected at the engine then the cars starts then switches off within seconds. Then it show me on the display the picture of a car on a lift. It has a huge dent on the right backside of the car. Someone mentioned that the fuel or return line could be damaged. I need the manual to locate the lines and to and from the petrol tank. Anyone that could send me information that could help me would be awesome.
Greg1976