M/S SHIFTER STUCK

2006 Mini Cooper

2006 Mini Cooper Automatic 23000 miles

MY 2006 MINI COOPER " AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION" IS STUCK IN THE MANUAL / SPORT DRIVE.I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO MOVE THE SHIFTER BACK TO THE RIGHT, BUT IT WON''''T GO BACK INTO THE REGULAR DRIVE POSITION. MY 2006 MINI COOPER AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION IS STUCK IN THE MANUAL / SPORT DRIVE.I TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO MOVE THE SHIFTER BACK TO THE LEFT, BUT IT WON''''T GO BACK INTO THE REGULAR DRIVE POSITION. I HAVE TRIED THIS SITTING STILL AND DRIVING IT. THE INDICATOR LIGHT STAYS ON THE M/S MODE. I JUST WANT TO GET IT BACK IN " D" DRIVE. THE MINI DEALER IS APPROX. 30 MILES AWAY, IF I COULD GET IT BACK TO THE NORMAL DRIVE POSITION, I COULD TAKE IT TO MINI DEALER SERVICE AND HAVE THEM CORRECT THE PROBLEM.

NOTE: THE SHIFTER DOES MOVE TO THE LEFT, BUT THE " D" FOR DRIVE DOES NOT LIGHT UP, BUT STAYS LIT UP IN M/S MODE. IT HAS NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

ANY IDEAS?

THANKS.
1cophere