WILL NOT START AFTER BLOWN FREEZE PLUG

1999 Mercury Tracer

1999 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

I was driving to work today about 70 when the freeze plug blew on the Tracer. It's a 2.0 SPI. Anyway, the engine died as soon as I let off the gas and now even with the engine completely cool, it won't start. Acts like it isn't getting fuel. Does the computer shut something down under duress to preserve the engine? I have pulled the plugs and looked into the cylinders, they look fine as far as I can see. Timing belt is not broken. Engine turns over, but it is loud now. No water in the oil and the oil level is perfect. When turning the engine over with the plugs out there is good compression, but no fuel goes into the cylinders. You can turn the key on and you can hear the fuel pump run for a second or two then stop. I pulled the cap off the Schrader valve and there was only a trickle when I pressed the needle. This makes me think either fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. But it was running perfectly up until the freeze plug blew. And yes it had a full radiator. Suggestions?
Superdave1984