CAR JUST STARTED DRIVING ROUGHLY

1999 Mercury Tracer

1999 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 105xxx miles

Yesterday, I noticed that my car starting shaking Intermittently while I was either stopped at a stop light or driving. I would idle fine, then it the idle would slow and the car would shake a little, then back to normal. When the car was parked, it was fine, no shaking or anything. This morning, it started fine, and started doing the same as yesterday however, the problem persists even when the car is parked now. It also seems as if my acceleration time takes longer when I depress the gas peddle. Once it gets going, its fine. I took the car to get an oil change and filter replaced this morning and afterwards, I noticed that the exhaust sputters consistently; I did not notice this prior but I hear it more prominently now.

Just a brief history on this vehicle; the engine was replaced about 3 years ago and the timing belt was replaced about 3 months ago.
27midwest1