- ROUGH IDLE PROBLEM

1997 Mercury Tracer

I need advice on troubleshooting a problem on my 1997 Mercury Tracer, ENG: 2.0 and has approximately 153,000 miles. The problem is as follows; The car starts ok, however, it runs EXTREMELY rough at idle. If I bring up the RPM above 2100 the car will run smoothly. The problem is getting it up there. The only way to do this is by gently applying preassure on the accelarator. As soon as I put it in gear the car shuts off.

I hook it up to a code reader and it gives me the following code; P0340 (Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit) Bank 1 or single sensor. The freeze frama date reads as follows:

fuel system 1 = CL
fuel system 2 = CL- fault
calc load % = 34.90
ECT*(c) = 88
STFT b1(%) =-.78
LIFT B1 (%) = -7.03
ENG RPM = 653
VEH SPEED= 0

I have replaced the following components:
Camshaft Position sensor
Coil (had low output from tower #1)
Plugs
Spark Plugs
PCV
Fuel filter

I'd like to be able to at least narrow this down to a particular system i.E. Emmission, fuel system, etc. Any assistance would GREATLY appreciated.

PS: I fully intend on making a donation however, please understand my hesitation in doing this prior to recieving an answer.

erodriguez4@sbcglobal. Net
1997mercurytracer