POWER WINDOWS

1995 Mercury Tracer

1995 Mercury Tracer 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 154000 miles

My windows suddenly stopped working, i've tried replacing the combo switch but I got nothing from it. Im getting power to the fuse block and the fuse is good but i'm not getting power to the switch or the motor, I think there might be a break in the harness going from the door to the fuse block. My question is: are there any grounds that might be messed up and causing this or is it more likely a break in the harness. The more I look at it, the more I really don't want to mess with it because it looks like to check I would have to strip the door and remove it. Also i'm having problems getting a plug wire on the plug. I think its cylinder #1, its behind the altenator, do you have any tips on getting this on.
Mattsb2