SHAKING, NOT MUCH POWER AS BEFORE.

Mercury Sable

2000 Mercury Sable, V6 DOHC - Mileage: 99000 miles. My check engine light came on after I floored my car. It flashes after about 15 seconds (about when I start to drive it asfter starting it) I dont know what to do. It is shaking now through the engine, I think, and it sounds a little different. Less power too. The idle is perfect, but when I pull away there is shaking, and it gets less and less the faster I go. The check engine light also flashes. I never had this problem and I didnt hear much noise, because my tires were spinning. I know I shouldnt beat on my car, but I did it a few times before and it was fine. I checked for any leaks and I checked the iold. There were no leaks, oil was fine, and there wasnt a coolant problem - temperature was normal for engine. PLEASE help me. I need some idea of what it might be. I will be getting it tested on the computer soon. Thank you for your time. Best regards. Jared
Mapacha

Well you have the right idea getting it checked, the check engine light flashing could be almost anything, most likely though would be 02 sensor or a random misfire, when you get it checked let us know

thanks
jim

CHEVYII