MISFIRE IN CYL 5

Mercury Sable

I have a 01 Sable with a code that indicates a misfire in cyl #5 I have tried wires, plugs and coil but nothing helps, do your have any other suggestions?
Maddog75

Ive been having some troubles with mine misfiring as well and but its in more then 1 cylinder. With my experience im now in search for a catalytic converter. Im no expert but a lil something helps

Bigboy76
I had the converter replaced a few months back due to the engine light blinking and very poor exceleration and idle, I have the car at the dealer right now and they are running alot tests Ill check back in when I know what they say.

Maddog75
Two tests you haven't done. Compression test, and test of the fuel injector at #5! Let me know what you come up with!

Merlin2021
Got my car back today and they replaced the lift springs in cyl 5 due to a lack of compression. Hopefully that will work. Disreguard last post. Light back on today and back to the dealer with a few choice words!

Maddog75
You need to find out what the results of the compression test was. This will tell you if you need engine work or not. No power on earth will fix a bad valve except replacement!

Merlin2021
The dealer replaced the valve springs but that didnt work what they found out after I brought the car back was that one of the exhaust valves was no good and they in the process of replacing the whole head. Thank god I got the extended warrenty! Thanx for the help.

Maddog75
No problem!

Merlin2021