BRAKE PROBLEMS

Mercury Sable

I own a 1999 Mercury Sable and the brakes are locking up in the mornings. When you give the car some gas it will move (barely) and then you can smell the brakes burning. After it warms up during the day the car will run ok. Also I have no heat in the car. We have replaced the thermostat twice and there is no coolant leaking back into the car like you would expect from the heater core.
Karenholland

First of all, about the brakes. Do alll four wheels lock up or just the front or back. Also, do you have rear drum brakes? About the coolant leaking inside the car. The only thing that could bring coolant inside the car is the heater core. If it's leaking and you have no heat, replace it.

Catch_15
Before you move the car try jacking the car one wheel at a time with the car in neutral. Open each bleeder screw and see if by doing so the wheel turns free. When you find the tight wheel if by opening the bleeder the wheel turns freely you have a bad brake hose if not you need a caliper. As for the heat try going to a radiator shop and getting heater core blown out. Once you have good heat again keep it that way by changing the coolant every year!

Merlin2021
Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the same problem with my 92 Sable wagon. I have replaced the hoses, calibers, rotors, and pads.

Tiver43809