ODOR

2003 Mercury Sable

2003 Mercury Sable

BOught car used. After air freshener wore off, mildew smell permeates interior. Car fax report was okay.

How to eliminate smell?

Kent

THE CAR IS AN LS, 3L 24V OH Cam engine
Kentswilson

Hello –

To better assist you please tell me if your model is a GS or LS. Also your engine size in liter and the 8th digit of your VIN.

Thank you very much for the donation

Please let us know if what the final fix was for your car so we can better assist others. Thanks!

Find a car repair manual for your car repair questions.

ImpalaSS
Hi
At door sill remove plastic molding so you can lift up carpet. Check for mold and rust. Signs car was flodded. Also check trunk spare tire well any rust.
Get some Damp Rid place in car. Also a few charcoal bricquets will fresh up car. Let me know what you find
Thanks for donate

Docfixit
Hello –

Also since you recently got the car, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Picture4_22.jpg

Thank you very much for the donation

ImpalaSS