MERCURY MONTEREY DOOR PROBLEM

2004 Mercury Monterey

Interior problem
2004 Mercury Monterey 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 81000 miles

I have a 2004 Mercury Monterey that the liftgate will not unlock or open by using the handle on the liftgate or unlock using the remote devise or the unlock button on the driver's door. There is a small panel inside the van above the latching assembly is there anyway possible to unlock or open the liftgate through this panel or is there anyway to open the liftgate without breaking the liftgate or latching assembly. I have contacted a local Ford dealer and their only advice was basically to destroy the liftgate, I also e-mailed Ford and only received the normal way to open the liftgate which I already had from the owners manual. I have owned the van for over 3 years and the unlocking and door opening problem just began about 2 months ago.
Usnretabn