CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

2006 Mercury Milan

2006 Mercury Milan 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90,000 miles

2006 Mercury Milan, At about 80,000 miles the check engine light came on, I took it to the dealership where I purchased my vehicle, they ran diagnostics and advised they could not find anything wrong, they reset the system and the check engine light went off. The light went off for about 3 weeks, after which it sporadically came on and went off, until it has now remained on. I took my car back on 12/29 to the dealership, they did a fuel injection flush and replaced the fuel cap lining/cushion, on 12/30 the next day the check engine light is back. I cannot afford to go back to the dealership. Has there been a part recall with regard to check engine lights on Mercury Milans? What could be the problem? I appreciate any accurate help I can get. Thanks Ms.E.
Eeargle