CODES P0171 AND P0174

1997 Mercury Marquis

1997 Mercury Marquis V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 118500 miles

i have a 1997 grand marquis.I have check engine light on. Had car checked by repair shop and they said that these codes were set. That there was a vacuum leak somewhere in manifold. Last year, I replaced heater core hose under manifold, which was leaking. Disassembled top end of engine to access hose. Replaced all gaskets when reassembled. Still have codes. In fact, cel was on before hose blew out. Doing research online and came across several advice tips that maf sensor may be dirty or contaminated. What do you think the chances are that this is true.I am not made of money and do not have a very thick wallet to dump into repairs so whatever advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Dano2448