DASHBOARD, SHFITER COLUMN, A/C, AND DOO

1996 Mercury Cougar

1996 Mercury Cougar V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 52000 miles

I just replaced my car stereo with a pioneer CD player. The stereo works fine but my lights don't work inside when the head lamps are turned on. The overhead lights work when I turn the dimmer all the way on but that is all. None of the lights work for the dash, center console, doors, ash tray. I could not locate a wire harness adapter so I have connected the wires straight to the factory wires. After the speakers were connected, I had 5 wires from the car harness left: big black ith green stripe, big black with red stripe, small green wire, small black wire, and small yellow and black stripe wire. I have the green and black and green to ground, yellow/black stripe to ignition controlwire on radio, black and red wire to constant on radio and small black not hooked up
Craig howell