SCARY SOUNDS FROM MY FRONT RIGHT

2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320

Tires and Wheels problem
2001 Mercedes Benz SLK320 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 82,000 miles

Thank you, so much in advance for your help !

My car started acting up a few days ago. If kind of felt like the front right tire was low, but it checked out alright. I kept driving and started to hear 'squeeling' sounds, and again felt like the tire was low. I kept driving slow, and planned to take it to the shop this weekend. This morning, it stared feeling like something was scraping at the front of the car. I immediately pulled over, and saw nothing dragging or obviously out of place. Now I am scared to drive it, because it sounds horrid and drives very rough. The brakes are also requiring 'longer travel' on the peddle to work. At first I thought it was brakes, but it happens at all speeds, brake or no break. What did I do to my car? : (
Mh2v@mtsu.edu